At Lightburn, we thrive on collaboration, and our common goal of "making digital simple" shines through in everything we do. We're always hard at work crafting smart and thoughtful digital experiences for our clients, who range from small local startups to large, well-known names in business.
We are looking for an SEO Analyst to join our digital marketing team. The SEO Analyst's responsibilities include performing keyword research, optimizing content and monitoring user engagement across a wide range of clients. To be successful in this role, you should be familiar with current SEO techniques and tools and have excellent analytical skills. While this role is not responsible for coding updates, the right candidate will be familiar with the technical aspects of search optimization. Ultimately, you will apply effective SEO strategies to ensure our clients' success. This role reports to our Director of Digital Marketing and will work closely with a number of different roles within the agency.
Note: The interview process for this position will be conducted remotely. Our team is currently working from home, with a handful of team members going into the office on a case-by-case basis. Lightburn is based in Milwaukee, WI and we look forward to welcoming the team back to the office when local public safety measures allow for it.
- Conduct keyword research using various tools (like Google, Moz and SEM Rush)
- Perform competitive analysis to identify gaps or areas for opportunity
- Regularly initiate crawls of clients' websites to surface issues
- Strategic planning and prioritization of SEO work
- Track & report on important SEO metrics including traffic, landing pages, conversion rates and time spent on page
- Update older content and add effective calls to action (CTAs) to improve user engagement
- Technical SEO tasks such as image compression, fixing broken images & links
- Site speed monitoring & optimization
- Implement link building strategies and manage backlinks to build online authority
- Follow SEO trends and stay up-to-date with new tools and practices
- Write and maintain metadata with an eye towards CTR
- Work closely with our UX team to lend search-focused insights during the site architecture phase of new projects
- Periodically assist with content entry
- Consult with development team to help determine technical SEO priorities and tactics
- Contribute to the development of lead-generation content such as blog posts and CTAs
- At least 2 years experience as an SEO Analyst or similar digital marketing role
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of ranking factors and search engine optimization best practices, including technical SEO
- Familiarity with email campaigns and paid advertising
- Familiarity with keyword research and management tools
- Expertise in Google Analytics
- Agency experience strongly preferred
- Copywriting experience a bonus
Competitive salary and industry-leading benefits including generous vacation, flexible schedule, dental and medical insurance, 401(k), and all sorts of other fun stuff.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply via Workable.