The folks behind Kentico Xperience 13 continue to do two things extraordinarily well; evolve their system to better serve customers and keep partners well informed.
On March 31, Kentico invited partners to view a live demo of Refresh 5. Overall this refresh focuses asset management.
"It's nice that we can quickly see how and where images are being used on the site. It simplifies the audit process so we do not accidentally delete an image and break Page Builder."
- Taylor Belmer, SEO Analyst
Kentico Xperience 13 Refresh 5 Overview
Key comments and takeaways from our pros:
- Users have said that it can be hard to keep Media Libraries "clean" since it is not easy to quickly view how images are being used. Their new Usage Tab lets you see where content is being used (published or unpublished) in widgets, newsletter templates, product or web pages.
- This functionality includes a Smart Search index to manage the content, regardless of how it was entered (from the library, on-page, or via email). It registers content based on the user, not by the developers which will make it easier to manage.
- Kentico is adding to their built-in Smart Search and Azure Search from Microsoft with Algolia. From a technical perspective, it clarifies results within the app quickly. It has a better typo tolerance, synonyms, personalization and reporting. For ease-of-use, its code-based and has its own HTML crawler for developers.
- Using this new app users can view search indexes directly from the Dashboard. It showcases indexed paths, and if it is searchable, retrievable, or on facetable. Algolia lets developers personalize search results and displayed content based on pre-built persona types.
Other updates include:
Kentico will stop working with .NET CORE on December 3, 2022. .NET 6 will be supported through November 8, 2024. If you haven't' upgraded you should. It is future-proof since it will be required to transition into the new system, Xperience by Kentico.
Whether you are looking to develop a fully customized website from scratch, or looking to re-design, streamline, or evolve your current Kentico website, our pros can help you get the most out of your time and investment. Learn more or drop us a line to get a free consultation today.