At Lightburn, we thrive on collaboration, and our common goal of "making digital simple" shines through in everything we do. We're always hard at work crafting smart and thoughtful digital experiences for our clients, who range from small local startups to large, well-known names in business.
The Lead UX/UI Designer is accountable for the integrity and quality of design, design strategy and design quality assurance across teams. This role is responsible for a range of design executions for Lightburn's wide variety of clients, in addition to mentoring and supporting the professional growth of our tight-knit creative team. This position requires the right combination of strong independent design skills and collaboration. The right candidate is comfortable giving and receiving candid feedback in a respectful, fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will equally appreciate UX and visual design.
Note: The interview process for this position will be conducted remotely. Our team is currently working from home, with a handful of team members going into the office on a case-by-case basis. Lightburn is based in Milwaukee, WI and we look forward to welcoming the team back to the office when local public safety measures allow for it.
- Provide mentorship for the creative team to help set and achieve satisfying career goals and professional growth
- Create, update, manage, and improve all aspects of our internal design process and tools
- Ensure our overall design chops grow to, and stay at, an enterprise level that mature clients expect
- Produce the designs and assets for websites and web-based applications for a variety of clients and industries, from complex user interfaces to marketing and ecommerce websites
- Translate business objectives, existing research, and offline/online marketing strategies into effective designs
- Collaborate across disciplines with development, content strategy, and project management to ensure aesthetics are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards while maintaining the integrity of the creative vision
- Facilitate design discussions, workshops, and presentations with clients
- Minimum 5 years successful professional web design experience, preferably at a digital agency or in-house web team serving multiple complex projects, with leadership experience a plus
- Strong portfolio of design work, showing solutions to business problems, UX challenges, and marketing objectives through effective design
- Experience developing and working with Ul pattern libraries
- Able to present concepts to both external and internal teams, with a strong emphasis on collaboration
- Demonstrates design thinking skills with an innovative, forward-thinking approach
- Excellent problem solving and design thinking skills
- Digital product/application design a plus
- Experience designing e-commerce websites or advertising a plus
- Strong work ethic and personal accountability
Competitive salary and industry-leading benefits including generous vacation, flexible schedule, dental and medical insurance, 401(k), and all sorts of other fun stuff.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply via Workable.